Unfortunate Announcement….

I have been dreading this announcement…. I needed some time before being able to say it. Jack and I lost our baby boy last week. Having a late term miscarriage is by far the hardest thing either of us have ever had to go through. We appreciate all of your prayers and ask for privacy and respect during this time. It’s important to stay hopeful and optimistic through life’s toughest moments. We never know why things like this happen. All we can do is trust in God and know he has a plan for our lives.

Jack & Lisa

You might also like
Older comments

650 Comments on Unfortunate Announcement….

1. Claudia
    September 9, 2013 at 3:42 am (12 months ago)

Really sorry for your loss. Unfortunatelly these things happen. But do recover surrounded by your loved ones and may your family expand with a lot of healthy babies… Love Claudia

2. Angel Angel
    September 9, 2013 at 4:11 am (12 months ago)

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH .

3. Brittanie
    September 9, 2013 at 11:05 am (12 months ago)

(((hugs))) I’m so very sorry to hear this. My first baby was stillborn at 38 weeks, so I have been in this place. I’m so sorry you have to be here too. Hold on to each other, feel what you feel, and take each moment as it comes. It’s hard, it’s really hard. But remember: you feel grief because of the love you felt first. It’s okay to feel both. Don’t let people tell you that there is a time limit on grieving the death of your son. You’ll be in my prayers.

4. elysia
    September 9, 2013 at 1:29 pm (12 months ago)

I just went through the same thing this past june at 37 weeks…. Its hard to think about… Its hard to imagine… just know how strong and special you are. Someone shared these words with me. I was told that every soul that comes into this world comes here with a very specific mission. When that mission is completed, the soul can leave. The holiest of souls need so little time in this world that some are too special to come into it . We were CHOSEN to carry our babies for as long as we did. I’m a person who needs logical explanation, so this gave me some understanding if any…I hope you and Jack find comfort. Time will heal. We will never forget and they will remain in our hearts forever…

5. Anita
    September 9, 2013 at 6:57 pm (12 months ago)

Deepest sympathy and prayers for your family.

6. Morgan
    September 10, 2013 at 4:28 pm (12 months ago)

7. Kathleen Lovell
    September 10, 2013 at 4:49 pm (12 months ago)

Lighting candles and sending prayers up for you and your family.

8. Amy
    September 11, 2013 at 6:18 pm (12 months ago)

Soo sorry to hear :(

9. jack joseph's mom
    September 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm (12 months ago)

I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is a very difficult time for you and I am happy you don’t have to go through it alone, like I did. You are so fortunate to have a strong man in your life to hold you when you need it. Thoughts and prayers!

10. alesha ol
    September 11, 2013 at 11:44 pm (12 months ago)

Your little angel will forever watch over you, and is now safe at home in the arms of the Lord. He is waiting for the day for you to be reunited, until then, we are not to know why these things happen..just that you were Chosen to be this lil babes parents, with a Purpose, and you have A LOT of warriors praying, loving you..near & far.

11. Danielle
    September 12, 2013 at 6:57 am (12 months ago)

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband and I lost a little boy in the 2nd trimester in January. It still hurts. There are no words to describe what labor and delivery are like and leaving the hospital without your child. No mother should know that feeling.

12. JMG
    September 12, 2013 at 6:27 pm (12 months ago)

I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of your son. I lost my daughter 2 years ago, and something I read rings true to me now. Grief is like carrying a 500 lb weight, it does not go away, but with time you become stronger and the weight is easier to bear. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

13. Carrie
    September 13, 2013 at 10:49 pm (12 months ago)

My heart is breaking for you. We lost our first son at 21 weeks in 2011 and still think about him everyday. Do whatever you need to to get through and honor your baby. Sending thoughts and prayers to you…

14. Cyndi Solis
    September 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm (12 months ago)

My heart goes out to you & Jack! My husband and I have been there twice too! I wish I could say it gets easier and you will forget but you never forget a child! The best advice is to heal together as a family and know that God never gives you more than you can handle! And always know that you, Jack & Pearl have an angel above that is always with you! Hang in there! Our thoughts, prayers & hugs to you all!!!!!

15. Amy
    September 14, 2013 at 3:09 pm (12 months ago)

So sorry that you lost your son. My husband and I lost my 29w son in Feb and then a 13w daughter in July. There is nothing that can make the pain go away. I thank you for sharing that sadness with the world, and hopefully sharing will make the burden less heavy for you to bear. God Bless.

16. Pink Sky
    September 14, 2013 at 8:25 pm (12 months ago)

I wanted to send you a hug. I have been through this twice and it’s so very hard. Here are two things that helped me:

A Mother’s Prayer/ Affirmation After Miscarriage

I need to understand that the soul as well as the physical
    body needs healing and to pay attention to this. I will learn
    to accept that the soul may never heal completely.

I will learn to live not in fear and once again see beauty
    in my world and purpose in my existence.

Let me recognize the gift in my ability to conceive and
    carry life however briefly.

Let me take joy in my ability to love so deeply and desire
    to nurture a soul unbeknownst to me.

Let me find healing in the belief that this soul knew my
    love for it and that that love helped it to pass to another
    place.

Let me honor this short life not only with my love but in
    finding meaning in its existence.

Let me recognize this meaning in not only my ability to
    survive, but in my fullest appreciation of all the moments
    motherhood will bring me, along with my deeper compassion
    and sisterhood to other women who’ve experienced loss.

Let a part of this soul be reflected in the spirit of my
    future children, born or adopted, so that I may know it
    through them.

I will listen to and trust the place in my deepest heart
    that tells me I will once again be reunited with this soul
    and will fulfill the need to hold it in my arms.

I will help myself to feel comfort in the knowledge that
    there is a star in heaven that belongs to me.

-by Stacey Dinner-Levin

And I heard this song after the second loss:

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
    A time to plant, a time to reap
    A time to kill, a time to heal
    A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
    A time to dance, a time to mourn
    A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time of love, a time of hate
    A time of war, a time of peace
    A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
    A time to rend, a time to sew
    A time to love, a time to hate
    A time for peace, I swear its not too late

Much love, hugs, and tears from a stranger who has had her heart broken in a similar way.

17. Veronica Morale
    September 15, 2013 at 3:05 pm (12 months ago)

<3 So much love to you and Jack. On August 2nd, I experienced a late term miscarriage as well. If you ever need a friend to talk to who's experienced similar pain, please email me: veronica@tomorrowsroundable.com xoxoxo

18. mom2nji
    September 16, 2013 at 5:41 pm (12 months ago)

So incredibly sorry for your loss. I had a stillbirth 6 years ago and it still hurts. It gets easier as time goes on, but there will always be an emptiness.

19. Danielle M.
    September 18, 2013 at 3:53 am (12 months ago)

I had to endure six miscarriages. I thought the pain in my soul was unbearable, but as time went by, I began to be hopeful and joyous in the eventual births of my four healthy sons.
    Rely on each other for strength, and as hard as it is to let go, let no one tell you there are limits to your grieving period. I still remember every moment spent pregnant with my lost babies after almost 32 years. God Bless You All!
    ~Danielle

20. Jaclyn
    September 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm (12 months ago)

So sorry for your loss. I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason. I have had 2 miscarriages and now have a beautiful, healthy, boy. Thinking of you and your family. much love. <3

21. Jessika
    September 19, 2013 at 8:52 am (12 months ago)

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, it saddens me deeply that people lose their babies. My husband and I just lost our healthy daughter, Avalyn Grace, at 30 weeks. Losing your child is the worst pain and grief in the world. You both are in my prayers

22. Elizabeth
    September 19, 2013 at 4:30 pm (12 months ago)

I am so sorry for your loss. You two have been through so much together and now to suffer this tragic loss, words cannot express my sympathy for you both as well as your extended family.

23. Jolene
    September 20, 2013 at 5:30 pm (11 months ago)

This experience will never leave you. My hear dropped when I heard. At no time loosing a child is easy. Even if you have never met this little one. But you did he was your son you shared the same body for over 4 months. You had hopes, dreams, & plans not only for him but your family as a whole. Keep your loved ones around you when you need the extra support and when you need to grieve alone take that time to, it’s important. My heart aches for you and your family. Days will pass but you will never forget. Remember on your EDD to take time with Jack and Pearl to do something special whatever you feel is appropriate to honor your beautiful little man you lost way too early.

24. Ellen
    September 23, 2013 at 7:38 am (11 months ago)

Hi Lisa, Jack and Pearl
    I’m so sorry to hear this. But keep in mind, everything will get better and that little boy was probably needed up there.
    Maybe the song ‘small bump’ by Ed Sheeran can help to feel better. Its such a beautiful song about your situation.
    Here’s a part of the song:

”Cause you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life.
    Maybe you were needed up there but we’re still unaware as why.”

I wish you lots of strength to go through this, but i’m sure you all will.

Kiss,
    E.

25. Omaly
    October 30, 2013 at 10:13 pm (10 months ago)

I’m so sorry for your loss…I have also been through the same thing & it might take awhile to heal & accept it but there is always a reason for things like this to happen unfortunately. Sending you tons of hugs !

26. Maha
    November 14, 2013 at 2:47 am (10 months ago)

Sorry to hear…M

27. joyce
    November 30, 2013 at 12:06 am (9 months ago)

In 1965 my mother-in-law Bernice was diagnosed with MS, In 1977 at the age of 45 with full blown MS she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. in 2012 Bernice passed away. Jack and Lisa I know the pain you are feeling about the loss of your son. The pain is deep and words cannot express that pain. As days go by the strength to go on. will help you both through this time. Your beautiful daughter needs both her parents and she will help you heal. Love. TINYTIMM

28. Christine Leone
    April 1, 2014 at 4:06 pm (5 months ago)

I am so sorry for your loss….i had a stillborn and i know how hard it is…..i swore if 1 more person said this to me i was gonna snap but everything happens for a reason! i have 2 beautiful baby boys i now know everything does happen for a reason! God Bless!!!

51Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Unfortunate Announcement….

1. […] unfortunate announcemint,” Lisa directe' followerz ta da beotch “Raddes' Mom” blog, whea da beotch an' Jack share' da […]

Older comments