Homemade Baby Formula

Whether you are breast-feeding and need a supplement, or straight formula feeding, you can benefit from this.

Disclaimer: This is my own personal variation of the Weston A. Price foundation’s recipe HERE ….I am not responsible for your baby’s health, that’s YOUR job. This is my own personal version based on my research of what I think is best for my baby. I am not responsible for any variation you create, or any problems you face if using my recipe. If you want a recipe for the Cow’s milk, visit the link reference above.

OK, now that I’ve got that out of the way, I can tell you how freaking awesome this formula is. My daughter thrives on this stuff and I feel heaps better about giving it to her than commercial crap formula. This recipe puts ALL store bought (even organic)  to SHAME. All baby formulas, if store bought, are pretty much the same. They are all powdered (real, genuine whey cannot be powdered or it loses most of its essential components), processed, and contain bottom of the barrel ingredients. Long story short: I don’t trust em’.

Wouldn’t you rather give your baby whole, living milk if you are unable to breast-feed? When a baby goat is born, it is about the size of a newborn human. So, to me, it makes the most sense to use goat’s milk for my baby. In order to make it closer to breast-milk, we have to add a few ingredients. It takes me 10 minutes to make this every day. If you have time to check your face-book daily, then you have time to do this! Here is a video of me making it in my home kitchen. Recipe will be below video!

36 ounces of Raw Goat Milk formula

2 cups raw goat milk (if you absolutely can’t find it, use Meyenberg liquid or powdered goat milk in the same Ratio on can)

2 cups filtered Water

1/4 cup liquid whey (see youtube videos on how to make whey, it’s easy! I also show you how to make it halfway through my video above) Human milk is more rich in Whey, so we have to add some to our mix to make it more like momma’s milk.

1-2 tsp Blackstrap Molasses (aids in bowel movements, adds vitamin B, iron, and trace minerals)

4 tablespoons Lactose Powder (try it first, it’s the best. Lactose is highly present in breastmilk. Most aversions to baby formula are NOT because of lactose intolerance. It is actually very rare for a baby to be allergic to lactose. This is a common misconception. If you absolutely cannot find lactose powder or you run out, use 2 tablespoons of REAL grade A-B maple syrup as a replacement)

2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream (Use raw if you can find it, if not, use one that says “pasteurized” instead of “ultra pasteurized”. If all you can find is the ultra, that’s fine)

1/4-1/2 tsp INFANT Probiotics (you can use Udo’s Choice, which is available at most whole foods, and online. It contains all the necessary strands you need. Or find a similar INFANT probiotic)

1/2 tsp Cod Liver Oil (use fermented if you have the $, it’s double the price but great. This is a great source of DHA)

1 tsp organic Olive Oil (for monosaturated fats)

2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil (contains lauric acid- a medium chained fatty acid, and it a natural antiviral and anti-fungal found in booby milk. If you can find liquid fractionated coconut oil it is much easier to handle than the solid for melting purposes)

1 Tsp Maxi Baby Multivitamins (or any other baby multivitamin, just make sure it’s safe for your baby’s age. I use this vitamin in place of the yeast flakes, but if you can get them, add the yeast flakes)

2 Tsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes (these are essential when using raw goat’s milk since it is lower in folic acid than cow milk)

Blend all ingredients. Pour into bottles. Refrigerate. Warm up in hot water bowl before serving in order for the coconut oil to liquify! Make fresh daily! You can also freeze the amount you want in breastmilk storage bags, and warm up like you would breastmilk.

I highly recommend one of THESE bad boys. Instant boiling water. I put some in a cup and put the bottle in for a couple minutes to warm.

xo

LISA O

78 Comments on Homemade Baby Formula

1. Elizabeth
    November 3, 2012 at 1:15 am (1 year ago)

What is wrong with “commercial formula”? All of the babies in my family have been on either Gerber, Similac, or Enfamil..which I’m assuming are what you consider commercial formula…and no one has ever had a problem. I’m just curious…I never hear about this kind of stuff where I live.

• RaddestMom
      November 3, 2012 at 2:47 am (1 year ago)

Commercial formula is made with powdered “whey”….the problem here is that whey is so fragile it cannot be dried and powdered. so the stuff you’re getting they claim is “whey” is broken down proteins that are super hard to digest bc they got rid of all the good stuff through pasteurization.
      Also, ALL commercial formulas even organic earth’s best contain some form of corn syrup. They mask this word by using “maltodextrin” so you don’t notice.
      Those are just a couple reasons. Formula is mass produced, so therefore food companies use the cheapest products they can find.
      Also, all of the formulas that they ‘enrich’ with DHA and ARA…..well, that DHA and ARA is extracted using a hexane method. Full of harsh chemicals and totally synthetic. Why use this stuff when you can give your baby WHOLE food that is easily digestible and good for them?

• Elizabeth
        November 3, 2012 at 9:55 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much for the info. I feel like a bad parent because I never knew this until coming across your blog. Everyone in my family and all of my friends have always just fed their babies these commercial formulas or breastfed so I never thought twice. I’ve been doing some serious research since finding this blog! Very interesting and informational, thank you.

• Kristie
        May 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm (11 months ago)

Love this. I plan on bf my second as I did (for 3 yrs lol) my first but I’m thinking for my sanity, I may use this recipe if I decide to supplement with formula. Thanks for the recipe! I’m definitely interested in this rather than store bought formula-that itself freaks me out!!!

2. ellieruff45
    November 3, 2012 at 4:42 am (1 year ago)

First off cute apron! Second THANK YOU for posting this video I am going to try this recipe out for sure :)

3. Danielle white
    November 3, 2012 at 9:03 am (1 year ago)

Have just watched your video and I think this is totally inspiring and very interesting! How much does this cost you to make please?

Xx

• RaddestMom
      November 3, 2012 at 3:22 pm (1 year ago)

Well, once you buy all of the oils and powder, it’s a little expensive at first. But that stuff will last you a couple months. The milk buying is a little expensive. It’s about 8 dollars for a 36 ounce bottle of raw goat milk where I live. I believe it says on the Weston A Price foundation that it evens out to about the same as commercial formula.

4. katieblogsthis
    November 4, 2012 at 6:05 pm (1 year ago)

This is fantastic. What an awesome alternative… I’m done having babies but am passing this on to girlfriends. Thanks for your thoroughness!

5. christina.h.king@gmail.com
    November 4, 2012 at 6:23 pm (1 year ago)

This formula is not a benefit to breastmilk, right? This is just for times when you can’t breast feed? Which is more nutritious?

• RaddestMom
      November 4, 2012 at 8:27 pm (1 year ago)

This formula can be used in addition to breast feeding if you are already using commercial formula to supplement. Simply swap out the commercial stuff for my homemade recipe. This is not supposed to replace breast milk at all if you are solely breast feeding. Breast milk is the BEST thing you can give your baby. It is the most nutritious thing for them. If you cannot breast feed or dont want to, this is your healthiest backup.

6. Kim
    November 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm (1 year ago)

I wish I had known about this 25 years ago! I could not breast feed my son because I was burned on my chest in a car accident, and he was allergic to almost every kind of baby formula they made. He almost starved to death before we found one he could drink. If I had had this recipe back then, I definately would have tried it!! Thanks for sharing this!!

7. Rachel Jones
    November 5, 2012 at 12:22 am (1 year ago)

I LOVE your blog Lisa!! I am not a mum myself, just a 20 year old student who lives in beautiful Australia and is very interested in healthy living. I was extremely fortunate that my mum had the same passion I see you have. She moved my family to a small country town when we were young and embraced the Weston A. Price foundation. I have been drinking and eating home produced products (raw milk, feta, butter, cream etc) from our own cows and goats which we raise organically, for the past 8 years or so. The health benefits are incredible and the taste is even better! You have inspired me to continue this way of life and I look forward to having a family of my own to pass on my knowledge :) thanks again. xx Rach

8. Rachel Jones
    November 5, 2012 at 12:36 am (1 year ago)

If you have some spare time in your busy life, you should check out Sarah Wilson’s blog…. Sarah is an Australian media personality, journalist and blogger who is incredibly talented and knowledgeable. She has developed a program called IQS (I quite sugar). Her IQS Ebook and cookbook are fantastic. They are really great for everyone, especially for people who are just learning about healthy eating, maybe some people who read your blog can really benefit from her knowledge!

9. lifeonjupiter
    November 5, 2012 at 10:33 am (1 year ago)

Your story sounds very similar to mine and there’s not a day that goes by that I’m not so sad that breast feeding didn’t work. I want to do some research on raw milk but in the meantime, do you think I could add any of these to the commercial formula she’s already eating? I know they probably “fortify” the commercial stuff to mimic the goodness of the natural stuff so I don’t want it to be too much of something. If not I’ll probably just add the probiotics and possibly vitamins. My babe just turned 6 months and I know she’ll be starting solids soon (mostly with baby led weaning, heard of it?) which can sometimes cause them to be stopped up, think the probiotics will help with that too? Anyway, you’re blog is super fun! Thinks for the info!

10. Madison Touchette
    November 7, 2012 at 8:06 pm (1 year ago)

Hi! I am just curious how long this can last in the refrigerator? My baby is currently breastfed but has 1-2 bottles of formula per day and I’d like to make this amount without having to half the recipe, but am curious to know how long it can last in the refridgerator.

• RaddestMom
      November 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm (1 year ago)

It can last a couple days in the refrigerator, but you wanna serve it fresh daily if possible.

• jen
        February 14, 2014 at 11:57 am (2 months ago)

How long will a bottle last once made like for a road trip

11. abbey
    November 18, 2012 at 11:57 pm (1 year ago)

I love the idea of making your own formula but it does concern me the amount of sugar in it. Also I have a thing about regular cod liver oil, livers are used to process a lot of toxins and most of the fish used for cod liver oil are from highly polluted seas so this is then passed onto whoever takes the cod liver oil. My daughter will be finishing formula in 3 weeks and I’m glad you’ve highlighted goats milk as now I’ve researched more it looks highly beneficial! I think we will be adding this to our little ones diet if I can get hold of an organic one!

12. Patricia Woolf
    February 17, 2013 at 5:00 pm (1 year ago)

Wondering how long you can keep this fresh? We will only need 2-4 oz a day for supplemental feeding. So I would need to make at least 8 oz every few days.

• RaddestMom
      February 17, 2013 at 8:45 pm (1 year ago)

I would make a full batch and just freeze individual servings in breastmilk storage bags, then heat them up as needed. Raw goat milk can be expensive, so I wouldn’t want to waste any….I’m sure it can stay good prepared for as long as the milk is good (up to the expiration date), but I would use a prepared bottle within 2 days….

13. Rowena Drake
    March 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm (1 year ago)

How long can we leave the bottle out after it has been warmed up? Also, we have Trader Joe’s 100% Maple syrup can we use that since I could not find lactose powder? My baby boy is 2 months old and has had the worst time with formula and acid reflux since he has been born. I am really hoping this helps.

• kaylie ott
      March 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm (1 year ago)

I also wish my mom read the labels more carefully when I was a baby because when I was seven I was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactive disorder,otherwise known as adhd. Im I total goofball when it comes to making my friends laugh ,but when it comes to school work IM a total spazz

• RaddestMom
      April 11, 2013 at 7:19 pm (1 year ago)

Actually, Emily, my aunt is a food scientist (Doctorate), and she has informed me that corn syrup is very different from brown rice syrup. It is always best to use honey instead of sugar, but since infants aren’t allowed honey, brown rice syrup is the lesser of two evils.

Also, the FDA is not something I follow as far as regulations. Everyone knows they’re completely full of shit. People have been drinking raw milk for AGES, and actually, do YOUR research because more people get sick from pasteurized milk than raw milk each year.
      xo

• Running on positive
        April 12, 2013 at 8:38 am (1 year ago)

I would love to see your source for “more people get sick from pasteurized milk than raw milk each year”.

• RaddestMom
        April 12, 2013 at 9:48 am (1 year ago)

In general, milk, pasteurized or unpasteurized is actually not one of the top things people get sick from. Deli meat, and poorly washed raw fruits and vegetables are the leaders.
        The FDA tries to scare people into doing things their way because
        Because it benefits them in so many ways: money & power.
        Of course you’re entitled to your own opinion, as am I. If you don’t like what I’m putting on my site, then don’t read it :)

14. Susie
    April 11, 2013 at 6:39 pm (1 year ago)

Unpasteurized milk is a dangerous idea to give to a baby. You’re risking Listeria infections that can be deadly to babies, especially premature babies or any children with a weakened immune system.

• RaddestMom
      April 11, 2013 at 7:20 pm (1 year ago)

Well, Susie, it’s a good thing I get my raw milk from an insanely reputable farm who has never had ANYONE get sick. It’s not like I’m having my child suck on raw milk that’s just been squeezed from the utter & has been sitting out in a bucket all day.

15. Sandra McCoy
    April 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm (12 months ago)

Hi, I just made a this recipe last night… my 7 month old baby boy loved it! Have a question though, this morning I noticed that the oils were solidify on top of the jar… and it took a while and a lot of shaking to get all ingredients mixed again. What would you suggest? Do I just do that everytime I need to make a bottle (shake, shake, shake!) or do I have the baby bottles ready to go in the fridge? Thank you for your recipe… it’s really great!

• RaddestMom
      April 23, 2013 at 3:37 pm (12 months ago)

Congrats on taking initiative for your baby!
      Try using fractionated (liquid) coconut oil instead of solid. You should be able to find it at any health food store or online. It mixes much easier….
      I use it instead of the solid one and its a better option.
      I always warm the formula anyway just to make the oils more fluid within the liquid

16. Mya
    April 26, 2013 at 2:40 pm (12 months ago)

I gotta tell you that you are really impressive! Such an inspiration!!! It’s clear what a good mother and human being you are… And honestly I wasn’t expecting it! Kinda stupid from my part but I labeled you as the usual stupid celebrity… It was a really pleasant surprise to find out (through your blog) how smart you actually are! Jack is one lucky dude!! Btw Pearl is the cutest little girl ever!!

17. LR
    April 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm (12 months ago)

It’s awesome that you do this for your little one! Wonderful post!
    So far I’ve been able to breastfeed my babies, but if I could no longer I’d be interested in doing this or paying for breastmilk.
    I just started using udo’s probiotic! My amazing pedi recommends it, and I had never heard of it before for my first two kids.

18. Priscilia
    May 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm (12 months ago)

How long does it last out of the fridge? What do you on the go? Thank u so much for sharing this!!!

• RaddestMom
      May 15, 2013 at 8:08 am (11 months ago)

A couple hrs out of the fridge.
      I put a little ice pack with a bottle
      In one of those little insulated thermal

• RaddestMom
        May 15, 2013 at 8:08 am (11 months ago)

Insulated thermal bags*

19. Jill
    May 16, 2013 at 5:30 pm (11 months ago)

Thank you so much for the video. I do have a couple of questions. I just made my first batch (using raw cow’s milk). I don’t have whey made yet, can I give the formula to my little guy (7 1/2 months) without the whey until I have some prepared? Also, he is a “snacker” not a scheduled eater. Therefore, he may take a couple hours to finish a bottle. How long can the prepared bottle sit out at room temperature? Thanks for your help:)

• RaddestMom
      May 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm (11 months ago)

Congrats! I do recommend goat milk, as cows milk is notoriously constipating. If it becomes a problem, add a little more molasses. With that being said, it is def better than storebought formula!
      You can give him the milk without whey no problem, but it is important that he has it soon because it is a necessary ingredient for whole nutrition and optimal digestion.
      It’s fine out for a couple hrs. Just put it back in the fridge between his feeds if he doesn’t finish.
      Good job mom :)

• Jill
        May 17, 2013 at 7:42 am (11 months ago)

You’re awesome! Thanks for the help! Sweet baby chugged it with happiness!

20. cammy
    June 3, 2013 at 7:32 pm (11 months ago)

I am a physician and have no peers who agree with me so thanks so much for your information. Why do you use the vitamins instead of the acerola? I will have to use the meat formula as little Izzy cannot do the dairy. I am 2-4 ounces shy each day of breast milk in spite of IPA beer and milk making herbs.

21. Dani
    June 11, 2013 at 7:06 am (11 months ago)

Hello again…just watched your video on how you make the formula…I noticed you said the whey can last months in the refrigerator…how much whey do you get out of one yogurt? How long does that last? Wondering if I can make more at one time…also, with the coconut oil…can I just add that right as I’m about to feed that way it has no chance of solidifying? Thanks so much! Oh also, how does the cost ratio compare as to organic formula?

22. KC
    June 21, 2013 at 9:39 am (10 months ago)

I’ve been using your recommendations as a supplement daily because I have a problem producing hindmilk. Our child loves it and still going great after 5wks. Thank you for sharing

23. Dani
    June 21, 2013 at 11:09 am (10 months ago)

If I can’t get raw goats milk can I use anything else??

• RaddestMom
      June 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm (10 months ago)

You can use the powdered goat’s milk by Meyenberg or any other brand u can find that is organic.

It’s not as good as the raw, but its def better still than commercial formula. Just use the same increments and ratios I used, except follow the directions on the can. you can also use liquid goat’s milk, meyenberg makes that too.

• Dani
        June 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm (10 months ago)

That’s good to know! But I noticed it’s not organic though? Is that right?

24. Angie
    July 1, 2013 at 7:59 pm (10 months ago)

I almost have all ingredients needed to make the formula in your video except for the “cream”. This may be a dumb question but is the “cream” in the recipe the same as “heavy whipping cream” or “half and half”? I can’t find anything at my local health food stores that says just “cream”.

• RaddestMom
      July 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm (10 months ago)

yes hun, cream is the same thing as heavy cream :)

25. karina
    July 18, 2013 at 11:21 am (9 months ago)

hello there, nice video, I have been making a similar recipe as yours but im planning to add colostrum made from goats milk soon. one thing different is that I cant use lactose because for some reason it does cause my son constipated, so I use organic brown rice syrup instead, yes I know it does contain a high level of arsenic with no vitamin or mineral :(, do you know anything about dextrose or sucrose? i was told i can use them instead but im too scared to try again. , but I haven’t tried maple grade b syrup, what kind of vitamins and mineral does maple syrup have? and what brand would you suggest?
    have you changed your recipe at all lately? thank you.

• RaddestMom
      July 19, 2013 at 8:31 pm (9 months ago)

Are you sure it’s the lactose powder that is causing the constipation?

Lactose is found in breastmilk, so a common misconception is that lactose causes the tummy issues, when really it could be a number of other things. It is not likely the lactose. If your child is having issues with constipation, I recommend using more blackstrap molasses, and a bit more probiotics to help soften the stool.

• Laura
        July 19, 2013 at 10:42 pm (9 months ago)

Hi Lisa! I just discovered your blog and love this post! I produce almost no breastmilk (although still breastfed for over a year with my son, and 6 months with my daughter when she quit). For my son I was so fortunate to have a friend donate milk!!! I still had to supplement with formula, but I was so very grateful to have some breast milk. I remember my sister being so grossed out, but I had the same reaction as you-we drink milk from cows and we have no true idea of their good intake ect.

Anyways I am wondering if you could figure out an appropriate cost of this homemade formula. I think it’s a wonderful idea and would like to save this info for if I have a third!:)
        Thanks! Keep up the great work!

• RaddestMom
        August 6, 2013 at 9:37 am (9 months ago)

The cost of the formula ends up being way less than storebought formula. the initial purchase of all the good oils & vitamins is expensive, but they last for months and months….the only recurring purchase is the goat’s milk. if you don’t want to use raw, you can use meyenberg goats milk, its pasteurized & works the same only you lack the immunity part from the raw milk. still all-together tons better than storebought stuff

• karina
        July 20, 2013 at 7:11 am (9 months ago)

Hello, thanks so much for replying back, so youre saying i should try again with lactose and add more molasses and probiotic? Can i use coconut cream instead of cow cream? Can i have your email address? Would help a lot if i could talk to you more bout it, i have so many questions.
        Thank you.
        Karina

26. chloe
    July 21, 2013 at 3:26 am (9 months ago)

Hi i personally have done this recipe bout 4 months ago for my son it worked real good but then pediatrican told me no pit him on soya formula he is back with strange smelling green poohs and not eating much food he is 9 and a half months he also still wont sleep through the night to wakes up for bout 3 bottles and im 22 weeks pregnant with my 6 and im now on my own. I knew the soya formula not good but was worried that in there heads they well see me as neglectful and tell child protection as these days us parents do not seem to be allowed to do much. Any ideas on what is wrong with my son. Is it okay to until i have money to buy the goats milk ect to put greek yoghurt in water with baby vitamins just for a day or two thanks in, advance

• RaddestMom
      August 6, 2013 at 9:35 am (9 months ago)

It’s not safe to put greek yogurt in baby formula. If your pediatrician doesnt like the homemade formula, switch pediatricians, or with hold that information from them. Doctors aren’t taught about alternative health practices in traditional med school. They’re not as educated on these things as a homeopath or a nutritionist.

27. Nicole
    August 29, 2013 at 3:30 am (8 months ago)

my baby is 4 months old, and I hate the smell of the yeast, can I use the NutriStart Multivitamin for a 4 month old? I mainly breastfed, and occasionally supplement, I do however myself take a whole food supplment. Do you think it could be ok if I just left out the yeast, and multivitamin and just increase my b12 & folate?

28. may1787
    September 10, 2013 at 4:34 am (8 months ago)

You are very defensive, and seemingly paranoid about “the man” to boot. Backing up your statements with information posted on a website that is geared toward raw milk is very biased. I would rather see peer-reviewed research, such as http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/48/1/93.long
    It is true that people can die from raw milk. Its not just some conspiracy created by the FDA. I have a family member that died when he was 4 from eating raw milk. To think that he could be alive if he only drank pasteurized milk instead. I suppose that it doesn’t mean much until it happens to you or your family, though.

• Christina
      September 11, 2013 at 5:46 am (7 months ago)

Obviously you have it figured out why are you following this blog?

29. may1787
    September 10, 2013 at 10:25 pm (7 months ago)

Witholding information like that from your doctor can be detrimental. If they don’t know every aspect of your child’s health that can’t always make appropriate judgements.
    If you don’t like pediatricians, don’t see one. You obviously seem to know more than they do anyway. After all, they only had 13 years of schooling.

• Christina
      September 11, 2013 at 5:43 am (7 months ago)

Why are you even on this blog if you are going to nag her for the information she’s supplied?

30. Rachelle H
    November 15, 2013 at 8:13 am (5 months ago)

I know this is an old post and I hope you see this, but I have had trouble with my sons Pediatrician who said that I should take him off homemade formula because goat milk is bad for my son and put him on a “commercial formula.” So I took him to a Naturopath doctor who was uneasy knowing I make a goat milk formula because she said it lacks folic acid. Have you had any trouble with Pearl’s doctor advising against home made formula?

• RaddestMom
      November 15, 2013 at 8:55 am (5 months ago)

Goat milk is naturally lower in b vitamins and folic acid which is why we add the multivitamin. If you’re concerned about folic acid, add nutritional yeast to the formula. It is very high in folic acid. It is actually included in the Weston a price recipe, and I used it for pearl, I guess it got left off the ingredient list. will add this to the post. This formula is much more bio-available and absorbable by the body since you are using whole foods

31. Mandy
    November 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm (5 months ago)

I love this! However, recent allergy tests confirmed my son is highly allergic to all milk and dairy products (he’s had bad reactions to raw and pasteurized items). Do you have a recipe that would account for that allergy?

32. Juliann
    January 12, 2014 at 7:26 pm (3 months ago)

Your video says sunflower oil but it’s not on the recipe??

33. Cindy Armendariz
    January 23, 2014 at 11:23 am (3 months ago)

I plan on making this homemade formula for my 3 month old, but unsure of using got milk or cow milk? If I start her on goat milk, can i with her to cow milk as a toddler?

34. Tanya
    January 29, 2014 at 2:31 pm (3 months ago)

Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing this info. I’m going to try this recipe, but my baby is still going to be getting half to 3/4 of her milk from me. My question is, how long will this formula stay good in the fridge? Thanks in advance!

35. Jenny
    March 20, 2014 at 9:19 am (1 month ago)

Hi I’m excited to start my daughter on this formula what kind of yogurt do you use to make the Whey ?

• RaddestMom
      March 20, 2014 at 9:13 pm (1 month ago)

Plain WHOLE yogurt, No non fat or low fat.

36. JPAPPAS
    March 24, 2014 at 11:31 am (1 month ago)

So I’ve made this for my sisters baby almost since she was 2 months old but she spits it up everytime…..do you think shes allergic to anything? I use everything you do all same brands and just switch between raw and reg goat milk. Any suggestions?

• JPAPPAS
      March 24, 2014 at 11:32 am (1 month ago)

Sorry shes 4 months now….so its been about 2 months

• RaddestMom
      April 18, 2014 at 1:13 pm (5 days ago)

hmmmm….is it a lot of spit up? Some babies are just spitter-uppers. Both my nieces definitely has that problem and she is solely breastfed.
      Does she spit up other formulas? If she does then that is a good indication that she just is naturally prone to spitting up. If she seems uncomfortable and cries and wails, its probably because she MAY be lactose intolerant. Lactose is also found in breastmilk, so it’s actually very very very rare for a baby to be lactose intolerant.
      It’s usually that the cow milk or goat milk base is just too strong for their tummies. See if you can find a breastmilk bank and get some formula there…there are also websites where women donate milk.

37. Jenny
    March 27, 2014 at 2:41 pm (4 weeks ago)

Hi I have a question what if you can’t find baby vitamins for your baby’s age my daughter is almost 11 months in 2 wks I’ve done lots of looking and they all say 1-4 yrs of age what did you do. Did you make this for her befor she was 1 yr old and just leave it out or ? And how long are you going to make this formula until she’s 2 or do you stop at 1 yr. thanks for your time have a good night.

38. Kristi McKethen
    April 15, 2014 at 8:57 pm (1 week ago)

Hey RadMom:)
    Just curious how early you started feeding your daughter this formula? My girl is only 3 months….is that to really for raw?

Thanks, Kristi

• RaddestMom
      April 18, 2014 at 1:05 pm (5 days ago)

no its not too early. pearl was 3 months

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Homemade Baby Formula

1. Breastfeeding at 5 months « Hello Belly Goodbye Feet
    January 25, 2013 at 9:21 am (1 year ago)

[...] are struggling with breast-feeding and just aren’t able to make it work, I suggest reading this post by Lisa Osborn.  She makes her own formula and it is working really well for her little [...]