Battle of the Bottles

Since I didn’t know what to start with, I figured I’d go with something pretty basic that all mothers of small babies can benefit from. Don’t you love it when you go to babies-r-us and you’re faced with 800 different options of bottles, all claiming to be the best due to the latest technology in, um, drinking? Have no fear, I am here to tell you the BEST option I’ve tried as far as bottles go. First of all, there are a few important factors when it comes to bottle feeding. Whether you are offering breastmilk or formula, you’ll need a good bottle that doesn’t create a vaccum (causes gas) and has a slow flowing nipple (crucial for newborns). This may not come as a shock to some of you, but I’m going to have to cast my vote for Dr. Brown’s bottle as my #1 choice for the following reasons:

1. Dr. Brown’s bottles are different from all other bottles because of their patented 2 piece vent system. It makes for GREAT vaccum free feeding. Air bubbles never mix with the formula or breastmilk, thus the baby does not ingest it. Less air= less gas. I have no clue how this works, but it does.

2. They have 4 different levels of nipples, so you can gradually adjust the flow. You want a really slow flow nipple for a newborn. When my daughter was very little, I sucked on several different brands of nipples (lol), and Dr. Brown’s had the slowest flow, thus mimicking the breast, excellently.

3. They also have two different types of nipples, a thin one and a wide neck one. It doesn’t make any difference, it just gives you the option (my daughter drinks from both).

4. All of their bottles are BPA free and they also make glass bottles for you super eco-friendly moms.

So, that’s that. I think I have a crush on Dr. Brown…….oh and p.s. nobody is paying me to say these things!

More info here at their site: http://www.handi-craft.com/bottles/how-they-work/

Image

xo

9 Comments on Battle of the Bottles

1. Victoria
    November 2, 2012 at 2:04 am (1 year ago)

I used Dr. Browns for my son and they are definitely the best bottle out there.

2. Alana
    November 2, 2012 at 2:29 am (1 year ago)

Great, fun blog with great tips!! Don’t forget that BPA can leech into the milk and causes disruptions in babies growing body. BPA is banned in Canada so glass all the way.

3. Vianca Gomez
    November 2, 2012 at 2:37 am (1 year ago)

I used several different types of bottles with my oldest when he was born five years ago, and then we had our second son three years after and i only used the Dr. Brown bottles. I was working full time so washing ??? of those bottles after work eacg night was a task all in it’s own but they were great at reducing colic, etc. (Which netiher of my kids had, thank God.)

4. Elizabeth
    November 2, 2012 at 3:54 am (1 year ago)

These bottles are amazing, but cleaning them is a job in itself with all of the pieces. I’m always worried I don’t clean all of the pieces good enough. But it’s worth it cause these are just that good!

5. Sherri Elson
    November 2, 2012 at 5:09 am (1 year ago)

You are correct Lisa it is THE BEST bottle, Im a nurse and I ALWAYS recommend this bottle to my new Moms :)

6. Vanessa
    November 2, 2012 at 11:31 am (1 year ago)

I think you would probably be interested in the items that are on this website. It promotes healthier home through green products and baby items.

7. Emilee
    November 4, 2012 at 6:35 pm (1 year ago)

I live your blogs. I have. 2 1/2 year old, but forget everything by now anyway! Thinking of having a 2nd soon. Your messages are quick and to the point and I like that :)

8. Gale lunk
    November 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm (1 year ago)

My daughter only uses theses bottle and
    She has another baby due in jan 2013
    And she will be using them again